Today Max is 15 months old (anyone else feel a bit weird at this age when someone asks you how old your baby is. Like I don’t want to say ‘one’ cause it makes it sound like he’s just 12 months, but then I feel a bit too specific saying 15 months! Hurrah for when they get to 2 and you can just be like two/two and a half/nearly three.)
I have hardly any time because he’s been super clingy and finally gone down for a nap so I’m going to whizz through bullet points so at least I get this done and all down on the record!
- Teeth: Definitely ten already but looks like he’s getting another molar through which would explain the clinginess.
- Eating: Humongous appetite! Would actually sit and eat all day if I let him. Often known to eat his dinner and then whatever Alex hasn’t eaten of hers. Still no dairy or soya but everything else pretty much is a pass.
- Walking: He’s suddenly gone from not even standing up to being able to walk in a couple of weeks. He’s still in the stage of drunkenly wobbling around a bit but is doing really well and he even got his first pair of shoes at the weekend. It’s amazing how quickly he’s come on.
- Talking: He says the odd word after us like ‘sheep’ the other day but the words he uses regularly are mommy, daddy, nana, banana (but without the ba sound!), yes, no, ta and there.
- Hair: He had his first haircut the other week! He looks so grown up now with his hair cut and his little shoes on.
- Size: No idea what he weighs! He’s in 12-18m clothes although still wearing some 9-12m t-shirts. Still in a size 3 nappy (which says newborn on the pack, so he’s definitely still a baby not a toddler right!) He’s a size 4F in shoes. He still hasn’t had that chubby stage most babies go through! Although how I don’t know because the kid is all about carbs.
- Toys: He’s discovered how to throw toys and still prefers playing with harder toys like the blocks rather than soft toys. Loves playing in the water outside and throwing the football around.
- Sleep: Last few days have been rocky, fine when he’s asleep but getting him down is a pain. Hopefully just a combo of it being really warm and his tooth coming through.
- Sibling love: Alexandra and Max are fully fighting these days! Slapping, kicking, the lot. But he still absolutely adores her. She got put in time out yesterday for hitting him in the face twice and next time I looked he was sat next to her keeping her company and giving her Rubble (her favourite toy). Like kid she’s in time out for hurting you! Don’t feel sorry for her! She’s also very sweet with him and plays nicely with him when she wants to – and sometimes goes all mommy on him ‘don’t do that Maxi or I will be very sad’.
And that probably covers the main points! Time is whizzing. It’s basically Christmas next week and then it’ll be his second birthday.
The next milestone for us will be starting nursery which happens in September – I am so not prepared for it!
Harriet, Alexandra and Max x