A whole month has gone by and I haven’t even got round to writing anything on here. Max is 16 months old today and life is as hectic as ever (plus I’ve kind of been prioritising watching Love Island!).
- Teeth: 12 now with just the canines and back molars to come through.
- Walking: Walking fairly steadily now and trying to run all the time!
- Toys: His absolute favourite thing to do at the moment is to play football or throwing a ball around. He’s utterly obsessed and if I had to take away all his toys and leave him with just one, it’d definitely be a ball.
- Food: Still haven’t trialled dairy or soya again but eating LOTS apart from those two things.
- Routine: We’re just in the process of dropping down from two naps to one – although I always find that drop awkward because you can either stick with a morning nap and then they’re tired and cranky in the afternoon, or do the opposite, or do what we’re doing and try and do a middle-of-the-day nap, which then messes with lunchtime!
- Sleep: Last month has been tough. He did not like the heatwave. He did not like his teeth coming through. He did not want to be apart from us overnight. He also was going through a developmental leap I think. Hurrah for caffeine.
- Speech: He’s started ‘talking’ a lot more. 95 per cent of it isn’t understandable but he’s definitely trying to tell us stuff! The other day he did say ‘hi Alex’ which I was super impressed by (well Ali rather than Alex but that’s how his cousin says it too!).
- Size: A few people have commented this month that he’s got much bigger! I haven’t had him weighed (Last time I took them to baby clinic there was an hour-long wait and he’ll get done at the hospital in October for his next appointment anyway), but the amount he’s eating he should actually be about 30 stone by now.
- Sister: Now he can hit back there are lots more squabbles! They absolutely adore each other and play so nicely sometimes, but other times it’s like a wrestling zone and I’m sure it’ll get worse over time!
By my update next month he’ll have done his settling in sessions at nursery. Eek!
Harriet, Alexandra and Max x