And now for something a little different… Today I thought I’d just share some fun facts about Alexandra and myself.
- My best freebie I managed to blag while working as a journalist were two tickets to see Dolly Parton’s Better Day tour. One of the best evenings of my life!
- I used to drink Diet Coke every single day, now I haven’t had a sip for over a year after going off the stuff the second I got pregnant!
- Vanilla is my favourite scent, we have a drawer constantly full of vanilla-flavoured candles.
- I changed my name by deedpoll because I wanted to take Dylan’s surname but also wanted to keep my own, as I’m one of only a handful of people in the country with it and pretty much definitely the only person in the world with my name.
- I have to walk on the left side of people, it makes me feel a little funny to go on the other side!
- Really horrible, disgusting jokes make me laugh. The worse it is, the funnier I find it.
- Anything with owls on it makes me happy.
- I genuinely feel much less intelligent after a few months of not working full time, so I’ve made a pledge to start working my way through a list of ‘must-read’ books and catching up on the news much more often.
- Dylan proposed to me in a tiny village called Badger.
- I wrote a book in 2014 which I need to finish editing.
- Alex is Dylan’s third daughter.
- Her middle name is Cavanagh in honour of my lovely nan who has the same middle name. It was her nan’s maiden name.
- Had we decided to stay in the town I was living in rather than move in together in Dylan’s hometown, Alexandra would have been born in the Alexandra Hospital.
- Her name was suggested by the mayor’s PA at a charity skittles night. Had she been a boy, we were going to pick Alexander as a middle name but we hadn’t considered the female version.
- For the first few months of her life she got freaked out by myself, Dylan or my mom wearing our glasses so we had to take them off around her!
- We were expecting Alex to be much bigger than she was so everyone ended up rushing out to buy her newborn outfits as we’d only got 0-3m stuff.
- She’s my parents’ first grandchild but Dylan’s parents have four older grandchildren.
- Alexandra dressed as a pumpkin for her first Halloween and Mrs Claus for her first Christmas.
- She snuffled continually for the first couple of months and snored horrendously too!
- She’s the best and most beautiful baby in the world…obviously!
Harriet and Alexandra x