Just a quick one today: it’s been one of those days where you’re here, there and everywhere and you feel like it should be bedtime when in reality it’s not even 2pm.
Also no picture because the laptop I’m working on won’t let me go on any other website except my own or access my emails! Not very helpful when you’re trying to work.
Because my sister and I have all sorts of weird and wonderful conversations, we ended up discussing the other day the fact that if my nephew Zachary was an animal, he’d definitely be a puppy. Mostly on account of the fact he’s very cuddly, wants to be as close to you as possible and is obviously adorable.
In the spur of the moment, I said Alexandra would be a cat. But the more I think about it, the more I realise that I’ve probably hit on the truth there and I did actually give birth to a kitten. Mostly because of, but not limited to, the following reasons:
- Most of the time she doesn’t want to know you, unless there’s food then she’s all over you like a rash.
- But you get the feeling she’d probably move in with the neighbours if they fed her.
- She prefers to poop seconds after you change her nappy (I suspect this would be the same if she used a litter tray).
- She loves climbing and spends a large amount of time on the windowsill looking out.
- You just want to cuddle her all the time but she’s really not keen unless it’s on her terms.
- She’d quite happily wonder around for hours looking at people’s gardens if we let her.
- She loves grooming her own hair.
- She won’t let you go to the loo by yourself.
Harriet, Alexandra and bump x